Williamsport, PA – Williamsport is scheduled for its annual Victorian Christmas weekend, so a popular local holiday event will be held again this year.
This year will be 22 yearsNS Anniversary of an event hosted by Preservation Williamsport. This year’s theme is “Victorian visual arts”.
The event begins Friday, November 19th at 6 pm, followed by a Christmas parade in Billtown, at 7 pm, 800 W. Followed by tree lighting on the lawn of Park Place on Force Street. Also at 6 pm, Bob Kane Jr., a local historian and 19th-century decoration enthusiast, said “19.NS Century Art and Architecture-Decades of dramatic changes to interior and exterior home design. The presentation is 844W, the sanctuary of the Anglican Trinity. It will be held on Force Street.
On Saturday, November 20th, a tour of homes and historic sites will take place from 9am to 5pm. Free trolley transportation will be available. The tour sites are:
- Elmans House, 405 West Four St.
- Peter Heldick Inn, 411 West Force Street.
- Rolly House Museum, 707 West Force Street.
- Valamont, 904 Campbell St.
- Broadhurst, 1310 Campbell Street
- Oak Ridge, 1640 Oak Ridge Place
- Hadley-Lyon House, 1024 Packer Street
A church tour will take place from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Sunday, November 21st in the historic center of Williamsport. The church is within walking distance. The tour church includes:
- City Alliance Church, 380 West Force Street
- St. Joseph Workers’ Church, 702 West Force St.
- Covenant Central Presbyterian Church, 807 West Four St.
- Trinity Anglican, 844 West Four St.
- Christ Community Worship Center, 436 West Four St.
- Wildwood Cemetery Chapel, 91 Wildwood Boulevard.
Wristbands for home and church tours are $ 10 and adult tickets are $ 20. Tickets for students aged 6-18 are $ 5. Children under the age of 5 can enter for free.Tickets are available on the website www.2021victorianchurches.eventbrite.com..
Tickets for home tours can also be purchased at Historic Geneti Hotels & Suites, Community Arts Center, Lycoming County Visitors Bureau (570) 419-2989 or (credit card accepted) – 1 (800) 358-9900. Tickets can be purchased on the day of the tour at James V. Brown Library, Backhaus Cafe, and at home. Tickets for church tours can also be purchased at Backhouse Café and the church on the day of the tour.
The Artisan Holiday Market is YWCA’s 815W from 9am to 4pm on Saturday, November 20th and from 11am to 4pm on Sunday, November 21st. It will be held on Force Street. The “Joy to the World” exhibition at the Dubois Town Garden Club will also be held at the YWCA Gymnasium on November 20th and 21st.
The 30th Wilhuffman Toy Train Expo will take place Saturday from 10am to 4pm at Park Place and the nearby Thomas Stever Museum.Information available at www.toytrainexpo.org..
Peter Herdic House will re-host the Victorian team from 2pm to 4pm on Saturday, November 20th. The cost is $ 20 per person and you must call (570) 322-0165 to make a reservation.
Food Around Town serves cuisine from Williamsport Restaurant around the historic center. The sponsored facilities are as follows.
- Franco’s Lounge, Restaurant, Music Club (12 W. Force Street)-Saturday, November 20th Open from 11am to 3pm
- Historic Geneti Hotel & Suites, 200 W. Force Street 4th Restaurant Window, Brunch from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on Sunday, November 21st
- Brickyard / Stonehouse Pizza on 343 Pine Street, which opens at 11:00 am on Saturday, November 20th.
- Shamrock Sixpack and Sub, 700 W. Force Street, open from 7am to 2am
- Backhouse Cafe Coffee & Tea, 901 W. Force Street, Victorian Tea from 2pm to 4pm on Sunday, November 21st. Reservations are accepted at (570) 567-7567. The cost is $ 20 per person.
Additional information about Victorian Christmas is available at the following website: www.victorianchristmaspa.com or Facebook page. Additional information is also available by contacting Peachie O’Connor at (570) 419-2989.
The Williamsport Conservation Commission wants to send a special acknowledgment to homeowners who share a home. The home sponsors are: SimplySavoronthe Fly; It’s my party store. Allison Crane & Rigging; DiSalvo’s Restaurant & Lounge; Callistri Children; Albert and Judy Stillcula; Buttery Biscuits; Sticky Elbow; Robert M. Sides Family Music Center; Evergreen Wealth Solutions; Kiessling Group / Janney Montgomery Scott, LLC; Blaze Alexander Family Dealers; Susquehanna Community Bank; Steve and Pamweiser; Steve and Candy Dewar; Dave and Kathy (Piccolo) Buttery; Wine & Design; and Patinas.
Photographer: Richard Karp
Radio Sponsor: AMermen Mechanical Services; Fisher Insurance Agency; Huffman Office Equipment Company.
The committee also thank Food Around Town sponsors, volunteers, Bill Brown, and Park Place staff. Tomas Taber Museum; Speakers Bob Kane Jr. and Connie Phillips (she will speak on Saturday, November 20th). Transport Sponsor UPMC; Media Sponsor iHeartMedia.
Source link Victorian Christmas returns to Williamsport November 19-21 | Community